Now I know that what this challenge is asking for. It wants me to list twenty hopes and or aspirations I might have but I think that is boring. I am not sure I really have twenty “dreams” worth sharing anyway. Instead I am going to share twenty things I dream about on a semi regular basis and have for most of my life. I will also look up the meaning of said dream in an online dream dictionary and respond if necessary.
This is way more fun, huh? I am looking forward to doing it.
- Snakes. DD: To dream of fearing being bitten by a snake represents your fear confronting an undesirable or uncontrollable situation. You may fear losing power or control. Me: This makes sense because I hate situations I can’t control and I am terrified of snakes.
- That I am having a baby or have had a baby that I often neglect, normally because I forget or didn’t know I had said baby. DD: Negatively, a baby in a dream may reflect new responsibilities or new problems that require constant care.
- Snakes and Babies. Snakes slithering all over a baby I feel compelled to save. DD: The overall tone of your dream is that of helplessness. You find that your future is in jeopardy in some way. Me: More control issues.
- Broken teeth. DD: A call to look at what is falling apart in your life and need some attention. Me: It is always front teeth and I have had this dream a lot. I always thought it was because I am a vapid ass.
- My fingernails catching fire. Me: Stupid fucking Dream Dictionary. I have this dream all the time and you’ve got nothing?
- My grandmother’s house. DD: It may represent your mindset through the perspective of a wiser or more experienced aspect of your personality.
- My mom. DD:To dream of your mother represents your intuition or your internal guidance. Me: I like this better. “And [my grandmother] still talks to me now; only now she talks to me in my dreams. And I can’t wait to go to sleep tonight because we got a lot to talk about.” – Jamie Foxx
- That my vacation plans are all fucked up but I don’t realize it until I get to where I am going. DD: To dream that you are having a bad or awful vacation suggests that you are not able to escape from the daily responsibilities of your waking life. You are having difficulties coping with life’s problems and issues.
- That I have forgotten about some commitment I made and have to rush to make it right. DD: Such dreams often reflect repressed disappointments which have accumulated over a period of time. Your dream serves as an emotional outlet to help ease your mind. Me: I think it is more about me be worried I will fail.
- That it is the first day of school and I don’t have my class schedule. DD: To dream that you are unprepared for something indicates that you are experiencing anxiety and fear over an upcoming task or event in your waking life. Such dreams depict your lack of self confidence and self-esteem. You are afraid that you will not meet others’ expectations of you.
- Visiting an ex and getting stuck in hairy situation with his new girlfriend. DD: The dream demonstrates that the dreamer has not let go of her emotional ties to this ex. Me: Some of these are pretty fucking obvious. For the record, these dreams never involve physical violence, just someone getting mad at me.
- One person who changes into or represents someone else. DD: It doesn’t really mean anything. It just has to do with the nature of dreams. Dreams aren’t constant; they are always changing, because they are being created on the fly by your subconscious. Me: Essentially the changing isn’t important but the actions of said chameleon are.
- I weigh more than I do. My reflection doesn’t change but my weight does. DD: To dream that you are overweight or that you are gaining weight suggests that you are feeling over-burdened and pressured. You are carrying too many responsibilities. Me: Again… vapid ass.
- My son dying. DD: Death in general is a symbol for change so the dream likely suggests some change that will come up either literally with your son or someone around you.
- War. I am hiding and successfully hiding others. DD: Reflects your attempt to preserve something in your life. Ideas, habits, or situations that you don’t want to change. It may also mean that you are putting up an emotional barrier between you and others around you.
- War. I am part of the conflict. DD: Represents confrontation. Inner struggle with difficult emotions, with other people, or life situations.
- Consenting to sex with someone I hate. DD: Sex in dreams means you are having some unresolved conflict with the person
- Finding a place to have sex. DD: To dream of being unable to find a safe place to have sex may reflect challenges that stop you from doing what you want. It may also reflect doubts you have about doing something you find desirable.
- Sex in a room full of people. DD: Your dream refers to your own desires of being more adventurous in your own sex life. Me: I have actually done this when I was young and had no private place to have sex.
- That someone I know wants to kill me. DD: Flee and flight is an instinctive response to a physical threat in the environment. In such dreams, the scenario often features you being pursued by an attacker, an animal, a monster or an unknown figure, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Consequently, you run, you hide or you try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you would respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, your dream indicates that you have a tendency to run away and avoid the issue. Me: I knew this.
So essentially, I am a sexually repressed, conflicted control freak who doesn’t deal with her shit. It’s funny because the only part of that that I would say is true is the “control freak” part and the conflicted part sometimes.
So what are some of your dreams and what do you think they mean?